MIKRON IC DESIGN CENTER
3 business units with 300+ people-strong team are focused on research and development tasks within Mikron Group of Companies. The company maintains strong ties to the world-renowned Russian scientific community and actively invests in R&D activities: 15% of yearly revenues are invested in R&D.
Among the core competences of Mikron design center are digital, analog-digital and mixed signal ICs, with the special focus on LIC and VLICs.
Mikron has unique design expertise in:
• Power management ICs
• High-voltage IC design
• RFID chip design
Services offered to customers cover the whole task spectrum. Depending on customer requirements specific service package can be worked out.
Pre-project: architectural design and concept definition
• Feasibility study: analysis of customer requirements (whether functional or technical), concept development
• Analysis of available architecture and circuit options
• Technology and package evaluation and choice
• Calculation of power, area and potential yield
• Specification development
• Risk analysis, project schedule preparation and cost definition
• Front-end modelling, synthesis and verification in Design Compiler, Primetime, Powermill, Pathmill, Pro VHDL, Pro Verilog, VSS, Timemill, Formality, NCsimAs the result of design stage the customer receives the IC topology design in GDS2 format.
• Back-end physical design in Silicon Ensemble, OPUS (Virtuoso), Arcadia
• Physical verification in Calibre
Prototyping and preparation for manufacturing
• GDS data processing for photo-mask development
• Management of photo-mask preparation
• Prototype manufacturing and testing
• Assembly and bench-mark testing of the manufactured prototype
Developed ICs can be produced at Mikron manufacturing facilities, as well as prepared for manufacturing at other semiconductor foundries.